Hudson Velo at the Finish of VeloSano 2.0

Hudson Velo at the Finish of VeloSano 2.0

Thursday, September 2, 2010

103 miles to send off Ryan and Davin for 30,000 around the world

Pictured Left to Right:
Michael Coburn Ryan Delamater, Davin Anderson and Bob Mau at Cool Beans in Medina. (click on photo for larger view)
With Fox 8 News there to capture the moment, Bob and Michael took the day off on Wednesday to lead out for Ryan and Davin as they head off for a round the world bicycle tour to raise money for clean water for Fiji. We had a great day adn turned back after 52 miles for a total of 103. When we stopped in the Medina coffee shop Cool Beans, the shop owner asked how far we were going! What a great set up line. Find out more at www.givecleanwater.org

1 comment:

  1. Thursday, February 24, 2011Today my bicycle got stolen. Im BUMMED
    There's just no easy way to say this. My bicycle got stolen today. I'm heartbroken. Only because my father gave me that bicycle and he rode it to work for 30 years. In 2008 when he retired and gave me the bike I rebuilt it with custom made parts and rode the bike from Ohio to the Panama Canal.

    Today I went out on a ride around town. I met a guy during the ride who was very friendly and we rode together for about 30 minutes. He told me he needed to stop by his house so we rode there and met his friend. We all chatted for about 10 minutes. His friend asked if he could sit on my bike to see how it felt. We were all cyclists with the gear and shoes and we were all laughing and i wanted to be polite. He sat on my bike and promptly rode off with it. Just like that. GONE. I stood there stunned. In shock really. A local guy came over who saw what was happening and called the police. The police showed up and when they found out that I had ridden that bike here from Ohio and that it was my dads and I was riding to help bring people clean water in Fiji he promised me he would shoot the perpetrator with his gun.

    ReplyDelete